Spend Smart, Save Smart Tips
Ten Tips for Buying Clothes
- Determine a clothing budget, then stay within it.
- Buy the best quality you can afford; clothes will look better and wear longer.
- Buy color-coordinated clothes you can mix and match.
- Shop out of season.
- Buy well-constructed garments. They will wear longer.
- Buy wash and wear; avoid the added expense of dry cleaning.
- Learn to sew. Start by replacing buttons and hemming pants.
- Look for online deals. Sign up for email newsletters from retailers for sale notices and coupons.
- Shop factory-outlet stores, thrift shops, and rummage sales for good quality items.
- Care for your clothing – check the care tags for instructions.