Spend Smart, Save Smart Tips
Ten Tips for Personal Hygiene
- Use barber and beauty training schools for services. Prices are a fraction of what they are at regular salons.
- Get hair cuts, manicures and pedicures when specials are offered.
- Use local technical schools for low cost massages.
- Buy grooming aids on sale instead of paying full price. Buy extra when offered at half-price or on special at "buy one, get one free.”
- Maintain your own low-cost beauty regime by purchasing from discount stores or by using generic or store brand products.
- Use a lip brush to get the remaining lipstick from down inside the tube.
- Use common items in the home for beauty maintenance. For example, place cucumber slices on eyes to soothe and reduce puffiness.
- Have alternate plans for bad hair days. Use hats, hair pieces and scarves.
- Use low cost fragrances, body sprays, oils and lotions. Consider stores that sell imitation scents.
- Use every bit of your products by placing them upside-down when they are nearly empty. The remaining contents will be more accessible.