Spend Smart, Save Smart Tips
Ten Tips for Wiser Spending
- Drink tap water and pocket the $25.00/gallon monthly fee for bottled water delivery.
- Shop your local farmer’s markets and prepare healthy meals at home to save money.
- Survey your closets, see what clothes fit, and donate those you do not want to wear. Shop resale stores for bargains.
- Cut transportation costs by using public services. Or, ride your bike when possible.
- Consider needs vs. wants – ask yourself if you really need a daily latte, premium cable, or a weekly manicure.
- Go to the local beauty/barber schools to get less expensive grooming treatments.
- Visit your local library and check out movies and books and read current magazines.
- Barter to get your children piano, karate, or dance lessons.
- Purchase prepaid phones to keep your family in touch and save on cell phone bills.
- Delay your purchase – when you want to buy something wait one week to see if you still think the purchase is really necessary.